London Borough of Hackney (LBH) had a £4.6m capital requirement to install communal heating systems for ten high-rise blocks owned and managed by Hackney Homes (the LBH social housing management provider).
The project addresses fuel poverty by replacing electrically heated systems with a more efficient gas alternative.
- Installation of a communal heating system in ten social housing blocks, providing significant fuel poverty alleviation
- Procured via the GLA’s RENEW framework
- Provision of energy to 1,500 social housing tenants; average energy bill reduced by 56% (£980)
- Potential 40% carbon savings due to fuel switch
- Private sector finance, from Npower, in the form of ECO grant; for individual home works
- Council benefits from lower maintenance costs and O&M contract with an ESCO
||12 - Year Loan